customized product and material solutions for aerospace and power generation
Wyman-Gordon Cleveland, OH: Capabilities
- Forge Hammers - 1,000 - 3,000 lbs
- Mechanical Presses - 1,000 - 2,500 Tons
- Screw Press - up to 1,600 Tons
- Coining Presses - 75 - 750 Tons
- Extrusion Presses - 400 - 440 Tons
- Upset & Extrusion Capabilities
Tool & Die Making
- In-House Manufacturing
- High Speed Direct Mill
- 0.625" - 3.5"
- Stainless Steel
- 300 & 400 Series
- Nickel Alloys
- Inconel 600
- Inconel 625
- Inconel 718
- Monel 400
- Monel 500
- High Temperature Alloys
- Medical Grade
- Titanium Alloys
- Carbon & Alloy Steels
- All Grades
- Aluminum Alloys
* Hastelloy is a registered Trademark of Cabot Corp.
**Waspaloy is a registered Trademark of Union Technologies Corp.
- Stainless - .10 to 20 pounds
- High Temperature Materials - .10 to 20 pounds
- Aluminum - .10 - 20 pounds
- Alloy & Carbon - .10 - 20 pounds
Maximum Part Length
Removal of forging scale by mechanical descaling, wheelabrating and/or chemical cleaning, and passivation.
Nondestructive testing (NDT) operations of magnetic particle inspection (MPI) and flourescent penetrant inspection (FPI) are performed to the required specifications on heat treated and cleaned forgings. The FPI operation for aircraft parts has been approved by NADCAP-PRI since 1984.
Design & Engineering
- Forging Design
- Die Design
- Forging Simulation